Saturday, September 30, 2006

It feels GOOD!

After a long hiatus from putting pictures on paper, and focusing on mostly swap pages and cards, last night I scrapbooked!! I had a picture printed out for over a week, and had been brainstorming on how I wanted to present it. I was going for a mod, sixties, Jackie-O vibe, but what I ended up with is an aged, retro feel, with a few pops of color.

I used some new techniques, such as inking my background paper to age it (normally I only ink the edges of my paper), and using ribbon to frame the photo. I also used a couple of new-to-me embellishments, such as chipboard paisleys and a metal-look title. I'm hoping to get Peter to take it outside and take a photo of it (he's taller than me and can get a better photo) later today, when the sun comes up. I'll post it here when I get it uploaded.

But I said all this to get to this point... it felt SO good to scrap for me. To put a photo on paper and make it look just the way I'd hoped it would. Hopefully this means that my joy of scrapbooking is on its way back to me. :)

1 comment:

  1. I love it when I get in a scrappy mood. However right now, I am in a sewing mood. Don't wanna jinx that one either! LOL
    Love the clutzey post! I can only imagine the humiliation! Red face and all.

    ReplyDelete