Friday, September 15, 2006

Busyness

It's been a bit busy around here this week.

Mom and I worked on her scrappy swaps and got them all finished, which is wonderful! I'll be able to deliver them next week, which is a month early for some of it, and two months early for the other part!

Hannah spent Monday night with us and then came yesterday afternoon and will be here until Sunday. Her parents are taking a week's vacation in the Smokies. Sort of a second honeymoon - hope they're having a blast!

Mazie's sitting up now as well as getting up on all fours. She likes being in the floor with the girls, but I really have to watch her - the hardwood floor is just that: HARD! LOL I got some really nice pictures of her playing with a ball the other day. Actually got down in the floor to take them. It was tough getting up, though! LOL

Went shopping for the first time in months yesterday. Got a new paper slab from My Mind's Eye for $9.99. Even Peter liked the papers! They're yummy. Got a few things for the girls, including a couple of projects for us to work on for school. Also hit Dollar Tree and found some great bargains. Didn't realize they sell rubons and brads! I like to go there for groceries, as well. I get the girls juice boxes there - 4 for a $1.00 - can't beat that with a stick!

Created a new (to me) way of cooking eggplant. Mom picked three off her bush yesterday afternoon and we brought them to the house and she peeled & sliced them length-wise, then I salted them and put them into a colander over a bowl and we went off to the store for an hour or so. Came back and rinsed them off well, then patted them dry. Heated just a bit of oil in a skillet and quickly sauteed the slices (without any breading or anything) until they were tender, then removed from the oil to drain and sprinkled freshly ground pepper, sea salt & some lemon juice over them. Even Peter, who doesn't realy care for eggplant that much, thought they were good. The whole salt process pulls all the bitterness from the eggplant. I usually let them sit for around half an hour, but I think an hour or more works even better. :)

Got our order from Rainbow Resource Center on Wednesday, and the girls are loving having new school stuff to "play" with! Thanks for the tip, Kim! I know all the work is paying off because at Hobby Lobby yesterday, Monkey saw a sheet of alphabet stickers and started singing "A,B,C,D..." - the Alphabet Song!! So she recognized that they are letters, which is awesome! Also went to Off Campus Bookstore to get some grip thingies to put on a pencil to help the girls learn the proper grip so they can learn to control their hand when they write. They're so neat! Thanks for the tip, Linny! Also got a 10% discount for being a homeschooler, so that was nice!

So today plans to be another busy one for us. I need to get the girls and I ready to go with Peter to do some errands this morning. I'd like to take the girls to the park, but am not sure if that's going to happen. Will see. Starbucks, here I come - I SO need some fortification & caffienation!

1 comment: