Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Apologies and randomness

It has been brought to my attention by persons who shall remain nameless *ahem... cough...cough...Jeni...* that I'm sadly slipping in updatages. It's been a weekend. And I'm still tired. Sorta kinda got my light times and dark times mixed up, so my sleep times seem to want to be all the times. Sorry for the non-updatedness of my poor neglected blog. I'll try to do better.

Now for the randomness:

Loved the storm that rolled through early Sunday morning, and had my bedroom window open so I could hear the rain and watch the thunder. I fell asleep to the sound of raindrops singing a siren song to me... too bad I had to be up at 5:45 to switch yummies in the crockpot. :)

For those scrappers of you, I cut out almost 600 balloons last night using the QuicKutz tool. Not the Squeeze, the regular short handled blue one. Needless to say, my ribcage and right arm are some sort of sore today!!!

Peter bought a butternut squash the other day. I gotta see if I can find a good recipe for it. Saw one somewhere or other that had sweet potatoes (still got 1/4 bushel in the kitchen - we're gonna be orange before we get them all eaten!!) and squash and I think brown sugar and nuts of some sort. Gotta go hunting for that recipe - it sounded sorta yummers.

What is it about bubblewrap? Why does the act of popping tiny plastic bubbles filled with air make us feel so stinkin' good?? Is it the destructive factor? Or is it the noise factor? Or is it seeing something fat go to skinny in nothing but a pinch of our fingers? So weird, but so very satisfying. Got a package this afternoon with four sheets of bw in it... one each for the girls, one for MyPete and one for Nene. Fun, fun, fun!!!

Why do little kids always want to stand right smack dab in front of the screen when you've got a video on? Do they figure they'll see it better if they can only focus on one square inch of screen real estate at any given time? My vocal chords are getting tired of saying "You can't stand there!!! Go sit over there...". I think I've said it fifteen times, at least. Ugh

Why is it that when I do eat breaky, I'm absocottonpickinlutely starving by lunchtime and if I don't eat breaky, I'm fine until around 3pm or so?? Maybe it's because my metabolism got woken up too early, so it's vowed revenge on me by making me hungry. :D

Anywhohah.. those are my randomnessages for today. If you visit, PLEASE leave me a comment!! I live for your comments! Not really, but it's nice to know that my verbioseness is appreciated. :)

3 comments:

  1. lol I'm here, I'm here! I'm commenting too! man, i just don't see how you'uns do that Scrappy stuff. looks neat and all, but as most of you know, I'm of the impatient breed of jenners, and it would not be in my best innerest to get into that.

    talk about randomnessess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so with you on the breakfast thing. It's obly when I eat breakfast that I'm starving by noon. Go figure! LOL

    ReplyDelete