Friday, October 06, 2006

Domesticity scares me...

Last night before I went to bed, I got this sudden urge to clean. As it was around 11:30 or so, I refrained. It was too late to get started. My last thought before dropping off to sleep was that I would do it this morning.

So this morning I got up and started! I'm not currently doing Flylady, but her lessons must have lodged in some spot in my mind, because I'm doing a little, then resting and reading email. I've got some physical things going on right now that makes it extremely painful for me to stand for any length of time, so I'm thankful for a rolling stool and hardwood floors. LOL So far, my kitchen is cleaned, my living room in coming into shape, and I'm excited!

Mom's also coming up in a few minutes, and we're planning to go to the orchard to get a few bushels of apples. We plan to make & can apple butter, applesauce & some apple pie filling. I also want to dehydrate some apple rings as well. Can't wait to see my larder getting full again. I also want to can some beef chunks later on in the year, perhaps after the first of the year. Gotta do that when it's cold - helps keep the smell down. Love the end result, just hate smelling it while it's cooking.

So why does domesticity scare me? Because I'm NOT a domestic person. I do like to have my house cleaned so that there's not a whole lot to do, however. I've been at a total loss for the last couple of years, because of the lack of storage in the kitchen. I like having a place for everything and having everything in its place. That's just me. I've been posting quite a few items on the local Trader group and on Freecycle, so hopefully some of my things will be finding new homes soon. :)

Then maybe I can breathe easy again...

No comments:

Post a Comment