Since I'm a "wonder cook" - where I tend to chuck a bunch of stuff together then wonder how it's going to turn out, I do a lot of experimenting with my cooking. The worst that's going to happen is that we won't like it, so here's one I came up with the other day...
Beef & Veggie Soup
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 16oz. bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 15oz can black beans, drained & rinsed well
- 1/2 bag O'Brien style hash browns (with peppers & onions)
- 1 15oz can chopped tomatoes
- 1 qt tomato juice (I used home-canned tomatoes that had been blended)
- 1 packet Ranch dip/dressing mix
- 1 packet taco mix
Cook meat and onions together until meat is browned. Drain well and rinse with hot water, then add with all other ingredients in a large pot, mixing dry mixes in well. Cover and cook on medium until it comes to a boil, then turn heat down and continue to simmer soup until all vegetables are tender. Great served with cornbread.