Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Simple pleasures

Seems like a lot of folks are using this phrase lately, me included. I found one this morning that just put the warm fuzzies in my heart. :)

Mazie usually doesn't want me to hold her when she's sleepy, she just wants me to put her in the playpen so she can lay down and sleep. Well, this morning, I realized that part of the problem was that her face wasn't covered up! So I put a receiving blanket over her, and she popped her thumb into her mouth and went right to sleep with minimal fussing!!

I got to hold my sweet, darling little baby for quite a while, and got to stroke her soft, chubby cheeks and her downy hair, and just look at her. She's so beautiful, and almost always makes me smile.

That was my simple pleasure for the day. :)

If you have a favorite simple pleasure, please leave it in the comments. I'd love to hear what brings the warm fuzzies to your heart.

2 comments:

  1. Kudos to you for being "in the moment" enough to enjoy your simple pleasure. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. one of mine is when I look at Rachie and she smiles at me with those two VERY new teeth! LOL Love it.

    Or when my boys just tell me they love me for no reason. Well, what i mean is...they aren't trying to cover up something by saying something like..."umm, mom? I love you but...."

    Get my drift?

    ReplyDelete