Monday, July 02, 2007

A Special Surprise

Lori IM'd me this morning and told me to keep our evening clear, because we were going to dinner. That's all she said. She was very tight-lipped on what was going on. So I cleared the evening with Peter and we planned to join them. Then around 4:30 or so, she told me what was going on.....

Our cousin Loretta was coming! As a matter of fact, nobody knew that she was coming except Lori, from what I understood. So she got here around 6:30pm and we all went to dinner.


Kathryn was at Mom & Lori's when we got there - it was nice to see her again - it's been a couple of weeks. There were three of us sisters present, which was neat. It's amazing the things we learned tonight!! Well, me, anyway. There were loads of laughs going on, so much so that I noticed the service wasn't that great, but I was enjoying myself so much that it didn't really bother me. :)


'Retta and Flora were the troublemakers at the table (not really, but they look like they're up to something, don't they??) LOL There were stories being told right and left - it was really neat to hear them!

These two sat at the other end of the table... didn't get to talk to them much, but we did manage to sneak in a few fairly decent pictures! He's a true ham and had us laughing!

And last but not least, I think she just looks so pretty here!! Just HAD to take a photo of her tonight. :)

So after we all filled up on salad and got our handy-dandy to-go boxes filled, we all went back to the house and noshed on watermelon. Yep, it was tasty, too!! Gotta love that my sweetie doesn't mind going shopping. And he even carved it up for all of us. :)

Sooooo, the evening was a fun one, filled with family, great conversation, really good food, lousy service and topped off with yummy watery goodness. I think it definately qualifies as a success!!

Loretta - SO glad you stopped in!! :)

*Smiles*

No comments:

Post a Comment