Saturday, July 14, 2007

An Even Better Evening

Peter set up a surprise party/dinner for me at the new Beauregard's on University & the Pkwy. Lori, all three of her girls, David, and Mom were there when we got there. Meg, Greg & Hannah joined us soon after.

We had a great dinner (after waiting for ages - but hey, that's the nature of the beast!), and Mom made a strawberry-rhubarb pie for me. Peter bought a cake and Lori, Mom & Flo all gave me hand made cards. Lori bought me a pack of Bazzill Bling (yep, it's been a great Bazzill day!!), and Meg gave me two skirts and two shirts. Mom also gave me a gorgeous Angel Wing plant that's in bloom, as well as the first two zinnia blossoms from her garden. Boy, did those bring back childhood memories!!

Then after dinner, Peter took me to Books-A-Million and we chose some books to read and he bought drinks for us to enjoy. When we got ready to leave, he went and prepaid for the new Harry Potter book that's coming out next weekend.... Yay!!!! I've got all the other books, as well as the companion books, so I'm really excited. I'm not sure how it's going to be after reading this one, though, as it's the last in the series. Bummer. Hopefully the author will think up an even better character and start a new series, because she's a really great author, and easy to read.

Sooooo, that was my birthday. In all, it's been a great one. I've really had a blast, and it was nice to share the weekend with the ones I care about most in my life. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hope you have a wonderful day! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kiddo,
    Just a note to tell you happy birthday!! I tried to call you but the phone number is not in service. Anyhoo, I wish for the best for you and pretty soon we'll get to see what OLD looks like cause 40 is ceeping up on you like white on rice. hehehe
    Love ya,
    Pops

    ReplyDelete