Monday, August 14, 2006

Rant

Ever been around someone who doesn't want to listen to you? You know, the people who want you to listen to everything they have to say but can't be bothered? The ones who cut you off in the middle of your conversation and that's it? The people who make you feel small and insignificant in the whole scheme of things? That make you feel like a piece of gum on the sole of the shoe of life? Let me tell you - if you never have, consider yourself fortunate. People like that just burn my biscuits.

Sad part about it all is that sometimes it's impossible to distance yourself from those who make you feel that way. The things that have transpired in my 37 years of living have helped me to at least try to listen to others. I like to find out what makes them tick. Some things I don't want to hear about, especially if it's something that offends my sensibility or if it's the fifty-leven-millionth time we've gone over the same old, same old. If there's something going on in your life that you can change and you're not willing to make the effort to change it, don't come complain to me and expect me to listen. Uh-uh. Not gonna go there.

But being in this house with three children and no real means of transport unless my honey is at home, and even then not really having anywhere to go during the day besides shopping (which I hate), it does get old from time to time. Sometimes I just want to talk and be heard. Not lectured, not fussed at, not criticized and critiqued, just heard. A little compassion, a little empathy for the way I feel. Don't tell me what I need to do or not do. Just listen. I'm already short enough, so I really don't need to be cut off at the knees when I'm simply wanting to talk. I'm sure that you SAHW/SAHM's out there can identify.

This has been frustrating me for quite a while now and it's simply come to the point that I feel the need to express myself. Now back to our regulary scheduled levity...

No comments:

Post a Comment