Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Insomnia and Sweet Tea

What person living in the Deep South doesn't appreciate a nice tall glass of sweet tea to take the edge off of a hot summer's day? Certainly not me! So with my dinner tonight, I had a glass of sweet tea - something I only have maybe once a week, at most. Well, apparently I'm getting older, or the tea is getting stouter. Whatever it is, here I sit, unable to sleep at 3:20am.

I went to bed at 10:00pm and woke up shortly before midnight, when Peter got up to go to work. Well, that was it. Haven't been able to go back to sleep since. Read half of a book - finished it, in fact. Got up and wandered around the house, checking locks, thinking that perhaps my obsession with making sure everything's locked up was what was keeping me from slumber. Not!!

Checked emails and my favorite message boards. Read some online newsletters (the new Basic Grey - YUMMY!!), and still - here I sit, in the dark. Only light is the glow of my laptop screen and the light in the hallway.

I'm so tired, and my babies will be here around 7:15 - 7:30am and I'm unable to sleep. Arghhhhhhh This is so frustrating! Last week it was Diet Coke, now it's sweet tea. When, oh when, will I ever learn???? STICK TO WATER AT BEDTIME, DUMM KOPP!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. yup. had two nights this week of the same thing. But i usually drink coffee in the a.m. and then dr. pepper all day long until bedtime. (I give new meaning to the slogan "I'm a Pepper". I've probably drank enough to actually, literally turn into one! ha.) And for some reason, those two nights, which I did NOTHING different that I could think of, I tossed and turned ALLLLLL night long...me and Jef both. So, for once, he had someone to talk to as he tossed, which is a normal thing for him every night, poor guy.

    The only thing I can think of is that I got too hot. I canNOT sleep if I am hot. I had a fan going, though on low, and it didn't seem to help. I hadn't thought about this possibility until now. That was probably it, though.

    Hope you have a decent day today, mi amiga, and that your babies are good for you. Maybe you can catch some winks if they lie down for a while.

    ReplyDelete