Wednesday, February 07, 2007

An unpleasant surprise

Ever have one of those days that begins fabulously? You know the type - you wake up early feeling rested and content, all the children are happy and cheerful, everything seems to be going just right. Yeah, that was my morning. It started out wonderful, until we hit a speed bump.

When I got the girls this morning, they were feeling froggy, so they were playing together. Mazie wasn't ready to go back down for her morning nap, so I put her in the exersaucer. About 8:45 or so, one of the other girls informed me that she smelled bad. I looked at her feet and saw some brown stuff smeared on the base of the exersaucer. Then I realized what had happened. Poor kiddo!!

While we were out yesterday, I hurt my knee somehow, so I knew I wasn't going to be able to get her into the tub, so I called Peter. He was on his way home, thankfully. He was sweet enough to clean her up and put baby girl into the tub. He gave her a bath while I cleaned everything else up. The exersaucer is no longer an exerSAUCER, but is an exerWALKER now! I'm thankful that the base comes off! It's outside to be washed with bleach.

Let me just say that I REALLY appreciate my sweet husband! He doesn't blink an eye at helping with things I'm not physically able to do. He loves helping with the girls, which is wonderful as well. He totally rocks, and I am so blessed to have him for my own. Thank you, sweetheart, for all you do for me, and for us. I love you.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm, wonder if the baby saw the last post & decided that she wanted some too! heehee - GROSSSSS I know, but couldn't resist!
    ok, back to work, just had to tease ya.

    ReplyDelete