Monday, February 12, 2007

Reminscing

About the days back when music was music, not the junk on the airwaves these days. Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell, Aretha Franklin, Lenny Williams, classic Motown - where The Funk Brothers reigned supreme, Otis Redding, Al Green, Sam Cooke. The songs about love - real love. People who put all their heart and soul into a song and made you FEEL what they were singing about. The songs that made you think. The songs that made you cry.

John Coltrane, Duke Ellington, Billie Holiday, Etta James - the jazz greats!

There's so much more, in many more genres, but this is the music I'm in the mood for at the moment. Maybe tomorrow, I'll be looking for some early rock-n-roll, vintage country, good old bluegrass or maybe even some rockabilly! But for tonight, this is what I'm longing for. I miss listening to this quality of music. Thank goodness for CD's!

I believe I'll go put my jammies on, pop in my favorite CD and read for a while before I drift off to sleep...

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I miss music when it was done with different instruments - not all this synthetic stuff.......but that is why its called new technology, huh?

    ReplyDelete