Monday, February 12, 2007

ABC's of Homemaking Tag

I posted this on my Xanga blog, and thought I'd do the same here. :)

ABC's of Homemaking

Aprons - Y/N? if Y, what does your favorite look like? No, but I'd love to make some!

Baking - Favorite thing to bake? Cakes and casseroles

Clothesline - Y/N? No

Donuts - Have you ever made them? Never at home.

Every Day - One homemaking thing you do every day? Make my bed.

Freezer - Do you have a separate deep freeze? Yes

Garbage Disposal - Y/N? Yes

Handbook - What is your favorite homemaking resource? My Magnolia Mennonite cookbooks!

Ironing - Love it or hate it? Or hate it but love the results? I hate it, but my husband like it, so I definately love the results. :)

Junk drawer - Y/N? Where is it? Nope!

Kitchen - color and decorating scheme? We're in the middle of redecorating it. The walls are a lime green-y color, white cabinets and cobalt blue accents. We're going for country/antique with a modern twist. The colors sound weird, but it looks great in person.

Love - What is your favorite part of homemaking? Being able to stay home!

Mop - Y/N? Not physically able to, but DH does it. Hardwood floors throughout, vinyl in the kitchen and bath.

Nylons - Wash by hand or in the washing machine? I wear knee highs and just chuck 'em when they get a snag.

Oven - do you use the window or open the oven to check? Open the door.

Pizza - What do you put on yours? Everything except anchovies!

Quiet - What do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment? Get online

Recipe card box - Y/N? What does it look like? No. I print all my recipes out and put them in sheet protectors in a 3 ring binder.

Style of house - What style is your house? 3/4 brick ranch

Tablecloths and napkins - Y/N? Tablecloth, covered in a clear vinyl sheet. When our house is a little more straightened out, I would like to make a bunch of cloth napkins.

Under the kitchen sink - Organized or toxic wasteland? Organized!!

Vacuum - How many times per week? Our vacuum stays out permanently and we vacuum when it needs it, sometimes several times a day.

Wash - How many loads of laundry do you do per week? Again, a task I don't care for, but DH loves to do laundry, so he takes care of it, although I do help fold. :) I figure with the girls, probably about 4 loads a week.

X's - Do you keep a daily list of things to do that you cross off? I try to keep a list, but with no more than five things on it, and not all of them hard things. As long as I keep the number under five, I do pretty well at getting them all crossed off by the end of the day. Any more than that, and I get overwhelmed and get a lot less accomplished. :(

Yard - Y/N? Who does what? Peter does all the yardwork

Zzzz's What is your last homemaking task for the day before going to bed? Go through the office and kitchen, picking up anything that needs to go into the sink or into another room, then check all the doors, make sure they're locked.

I think I'll tag: Lori and Jeni

No comments:

Post a Comment