Friday, December 31, 2010

Cranberry Bliss cookies

I wanted to make some yummy cookies that tasted like the holidays, so I started blog hopping, looking for an easy recipe. I don't especially care for cranberries, but dried fruit is always a hit in my eyes! I found this recipe and it spoke to me, but it was begging for nuts. So I added a cup of chopped walnuts, and OH MY GOODNESS..... It was bliss at first bite for me!! The batter will look pretty runny when you get it done, but be sure to allow it to rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.

Cranberry Bliss Cookies

1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1 cup quick cooking oats
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup nuts, chopped (I used walnuts, but pecans or almonds would be great too!)
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Put all dry ingredients into a large bowl and stir to combine. Beat in the butter, egg & vanilla. Cover and refrigerate for thirty minutes. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a greased or parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes until slightly browned. Cool.

*Note*
These cookies spread quite a bit. I could only fit 9 on a 1/2 sheet baking pan. Be conservative when dropping cookies. I got a grand total of 18 cookies out of this batch because they spread so much!!

Please leave me a comment here!

No comments:

Post a Comment