Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Finally!

Lookie what's in our kitchen!! I'm SO excited! It's no longer in the middle of the floor, which is awesome. Still need to get the shelf on the upper right painted and need to get a shelf made for the upper center, then sand and paint all the drawers/doors. I'm so pleased with all the hard work that my honey has put into this project. It's coming together quite nicely.

It wasn't until Peter got it all put together that we realized the wooden strip under the front of the sliding top is actually painted black. I think it gives the cabinet a bit of "oomph", so we've decided to leave it alone and not worry about painting it. That's why there's a wide black strip on the front. What's your opinion?

Only thing that "sorta" upset me is that the legs don't fit into the standard Hoosier leg skirts and ant traps that I paid a pretty penny for. So we just stuck the casters on it. We may look into replacement legs at a later time, but for now, they're fine as is.

I will post a photo of it as soon as it's completed. Thanks for watching the progress of this project as it happens. I appreciate your encouragement and feedback. :)

1 comment:

  1. 1. Thanks for keep us updated on the project.
    2. The black strip adds character
    3. Will be pretty when its all done
    4. Peter did a fab job on it.
    5. Return the leg skirts & ant traps.

    ReplyDelete