Friday, November 03, 2006

Apples (again)

Mom and I each got another bushel of apples yesterday, so guess what's on my stove cooking? Yep, a lard can full of apple butter. This batch is Mom's, and she's got a little less than 1/2 bushel of apples left to make apple sauce with.

I came to realize yesterday that a pint jar of applesauce just isn't enough for our little "family" at a meal. Once the babies each get 1/2 cup, there's 1/2 cup left for either Peter or myself. So I'm going to do a bushel in quart jars. :) And somehow, when we can eat a pint at a meal and we have applesauce with lunch at least twice a week, I don't think 44 pints are going to go very far. Therefore, the apples. Yay!!

In other news, we're getting our kitchen organized, and MAN, does it feel good!!! I've been being majorly OCD, making databases of everything in our pantry, by type/catagory. That will help me when I go to make menu plans. And it will help us not to buy duplicates of things we didn't rememer having.

I made a double batch of Chex mix this morning, got it into the oven before my first cup of coffee!!! Hopefully it'll last longer than the last batch did. Guess I'm getting into the whole holiday spirit, wanting to cook and bake. Thinking about making a batch of cookies this afternoon. :) Am planning to make a fresh banana cake and some banana nut bread to put into the freezer this afternoon as well. Have bananas here that need to be used, and that seems to be the best idea I can come up with.

Sometime this weekend, I want to go through my paper piles and get things shredded, thrown away, sorted and filed so that I can reclaim my desktop. I want to scrapbook, but have lost my mojo, but maybe getting my area clean will help me. :)

And that's what's going on in our world today. Hope everything's going great in yours. :)

1 comment:

  1. Me LIKEY the new look, specially the flowas at da top:)

    ReplyDelete