Saturday, March 03, 2007

Good times, good food, great company

This evening, we were invited to a mystery dinner to celebrate my brother's birthday. Five out of seven of us siblings were there, which was great. The food was awesome, but then again, the food is always awesome at Mimi's. :) She's a great cook!

I ate a baked potato with a steak knife, along with banana pudding. I ate my salad and a chicken breast with a toothpick. My options for eating my Jell-O was either try to use my toothpick, eat it with a knife or just slurp it from the cup. So I slurped, and almost choked. What fun we had! It's something that I'd love to do again. Thanks for the invite, Mimi!

I got lots of fun pics, and got Oma to take a couple of Peter and myself. I just don't have very many of us together, which is sad when I try to scrapbook a page on us. I'm usually the one behind the camera, so it was nice to have someone take a pic of us tonight. Just hope they turn out.

It was great seeing the babies - and it was funny to watch them. Little Miss Savannah was a hoot, and kept us laughing.

All in all, the evening was fantastic, and a nice change of pace for the adults to get together. I hope it was as much fun for my siblings as it was for Peter and me. :)

2 comments:

  1. So glad that all of you came. We had planning it and are glad that you heped us make your brother's birthday a great one! Can't wait to see the pics (hint!)Have a super day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, it was a sweet change of pace for us & we ejoyed it much. Thanks mimi for inviting us & for making the evening special!

    ReplyDelete