Thursday, December 14, 2006

Addictive personality

Sometimes it's a blessing, sometimes a curse, but I'm one of those folks with an addictive personality. I get hooked on things that are fun, but sometimes aren't that good for me. Some addictions, I've kicked, which is never fun, but is really rewarding in the end.

Lately, I've developed two new addictions. Well, three, really. Somewhere online I found a super easy, super simple version of Tetris. So I downloaded it. And now I'm hooked. Then there's this fun game called "Chuzzle". I'm SO hooked on the Zen version. It's relaxing to play.

Last, but not least, someone on one of my online hangouts posted a link for this awesome webcam. I resisted, but finally clicked the link, and yep, you guessed it, I'm SO hooked!! I try to watch it around 10am and around 8:30 or 9pm to see all the animals come out to play. Well, really to get a drink. See, it's a webcam set up at a watering hole on Sabi Sands Private Game Reserve, in South Africa. So far, I've seen baboons (lots of those!), gazelles, water buffalo, frogs, birds & wildebeests. Then just tonight, I heard an animal call that I recognized but couldn't name. And when I clicked over onto the cam, there was an entire herd of zebras! Some of the ladies I talk to online have also seen elephants and giraffes. The girls love to watch this with me, even when nothing's at the watering hole. Just the sound of birdsong is relaxing.

So there are my three latest addictions, maybe you'll be inspired to get hooked on at least one of these as well! :D

Now I'm going to go take care of my fourth addiction/necessity - SLEEP!! Have a good one, and if you read all the way to the bottom of this post, please leave me a comment!

1 comment:

  1. I read all the way to the bottom so now I am leaving a comment to you. Love you - going now to check out the cam.

    ReplyDelete