Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Milestones

So it's been about 1.5 months now. Some interesting things have been happening to me.

First, a week or two ago, I came into the office and put my foot up in the chair and sat down. Yes, folks, for the first time in literally YEARS, I was able to sit on my foot. And it was comfortable!! Can't remember when I did that the last time.

Also, I'm having to dig into my clothes bins to find clothes to wear. The standards I've been wearing are just wayyy too baggy. That's pretty awesome! :)

Another thing is that I can drive now without a seat belt extender, and also my tummy don't touch the wheel. That's just too cool (although I like the extender because I'm short and it keeps the belt from choking me).

I have started cooking again, in an attempt to find foods that actually like me. Yeah, I've been having some tummy issues, but that's to be expected. :(

I've also started going out and about more, and have actually been shopping on my own a few times. Granted, it was the shoe store, the grocery store and Harbor Freight, but hey - it's a start, right??

I have also discovered that I can stand up and talk for quite a while without my back going into spasms. That's a VERY nice change!

My mood is usually quite positive, and I can feel myself pulling out of my shell.

We went to Kathryn's for Cookie Day on Saturday, and I didn't nibble ONE time. I did eat some cheese, but that's it. Not one tiny taste of any of the sweets and treats that were around. Yay, me!

Oh, and in my last post I mentioned I wanted to start cleaning house. Well, I can now say that my kitchen is looking WAY better. It's taking me a while, and will take a while longer, but then again, I haven't been physically able to do a lot of cleaning for the past 3 or so years, so I'm not complaining.

And finally, I'm down around 85# from my highest weight in July. :)

Anyway, just wanted to post an update.

Hope you all have a wonderfully happy Christmas. :)

3 comments:

  1. That's great! I'm happy for you. Knowing the difference it made on my knees when I lost just ten pounds, I can imagine it would really help me to lose more....
    someday

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that is such a great update. i have this great cookbook Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon with Mary G Enig, PhD its very healthy and most of them are prety good. I miss it since it was packed during this move we are making. I'm hoping my dad gets this wls as his dr recommended. congrats on feeling better and doing more things :) blessings to you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY Nita! So proud of you sis. I know you feel better & its nice to see you coming out of your 'hole' you been in. Congrats on your accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete