Friday, December 12, 2008

One Month and Counting...

Wow, what a difference a month makes!! It's had its' ups and downs, setbacks and milestones, but here I am. A lot of trial and error, but I finally am feeling the difference and am amazed. Just looking at these photos, I am overwhelmed. I can definately tell a difference. I can feel the change in myself, both physically, emotionally and psychologically. It's awesome! I know that's a word that's thrown around so meaninglessly, however, in this case, it's a fact.

A year ago, I wouldn't have dreamed being at the point I am at. I am off all medications, including my antidepressants. The only "pills" I take are my daily vitamins, iron & B-12. That's IT!!! Wow, just a few months ago, my Dr. doubled my antidepressant meds just so I could function, and then just barely. Now, I'm happy 99% of the time. You know, sometimes a woman has to shed a few tears just because. It's a womans' prerogative, right?

Anyway, just wanted to share some photos of my ongoing journey. It's just beginning, but WOW, what a beginning it is! :)

November 8, 2 days before WLS


November 27, Thanksgiving Day


December 12 - my 1 Month Surgiversary Pic
(And no, Peter didn't tell me my hair was messed up!! LOL)

2 comments:

  1. Anita - I am so proud of you. You've come a long way already! Just keep doing what you are doing! It will work. Love you & praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on such a healthy change in your life. Prayers are being sent your way. We have a fit board and love it! we also enjoy the DDR i bought for the wii. congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete