Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year!!

Wow, seems like just yesterday we were entering the new Millineum, and now here we are almost a decade in!! It's hard to believe that time's flying by so quickly, but then, I have lost so much time in my depression and obesity in the past few years, it's just sad. I've lost a good chunk of my life but am determined to make up for it!

I'm amazed at the way this surgery has altered not only my body, but my outlook on life. I'm a lot more active now and am discovering that there are a lot of things that I can do on my own, which I depended on others for. I'm on the road going to Mom's, out shopping, to the grocery store, visiting family, at least 4 or 5 days a week now. Before, I may not have left the house for over a week!! I'm dressed almost every day, down to my knee-high nylons and earrings, when before, I may have stayed in jammies or a gown for the whole week!

Since my husband works all the time, I've also discovered I don't have to have someone go with me, either. In the past 5 or 6 years, it's been rare for me to go anywhere alone!! I went to Hartselle twice in the past week by myself (well, I had Hannah), and even went up to Gilbert's just to visit! Haven't been up there since August, which is just sad. I have also made plans to go do my own thing this weekend, and am looking forward to hanging out with my girlfriends and spend the weekend scrapbooking!! Haven't seen them in over a year now, and it's so exciting to me. Not to mention that scrapbooking has been the last thing on my mind for many months now!!

Anyway, here's to a wonderful, prosperous, happy, healthy and love-filled 2009.

*Smiles*

2 comments:

  1. congrats on a new and wonderful life :) i am so happy for you. have a blast with your scrapbooking and spending time with friends have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Proud of you girl! I knew you had it in you - it just had to come out!

    ReplyDelete