Friday, June 24, 2011

Moroccan Spiced Chex Mix

This is my "souped up" version of Chex Mix. I tend to like spicy, savory foods. I can't leave a recipe alone, I always have to tweak it. This is something that Ward and I came up with last Christmas, and loved it. You can also use Greek, Cajun, Italian, or whatever seasoning you like. I use a Moroccan Sea Salt that was offered by http://www.tastefullysimple.com/ a couple of years ago. Don't know what I'm going to do when it's gone... Anyway, here's the recipe!

Spicy Chex Mix

1 stick butter, melted
3 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp Moroccan Seasoning Salt (or your choice of seasoning)
3/4 tsp garlic powder
3/4 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp hot sauce

Mix all together well in a large roasting pan or stainless steel bowl that can be put into the oven.

Add:
3 C Wheat Chex
3 C Rice Chex
3 C Corn Chex
2 C CheezIts
2 C Cheerio's
2 C pretzels
1 1/2 C pecan halves

Mix everything well to coat the cereal mixture. Bake in a preheated 250* oven for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool well, then put into zipper bags or airtight container.

Let me know what YOU like in your Chex mix!!

No comments:

Post a Comment