Tuesday, February 07, 2017

Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Poppers

It's been a while since I've posted, almost six years.  I plan to change that.  I keep getting asked for my recipes, and figured I may as well start posting them here, since I've already got a blog set up.  It'll be my own personal recipe book that I can share.  I can't promise I'll post EVERY recipe, but I'll update as often as I can.

Today, I had a brainstorm....  We love jalapeno poppers, and we both love Buffalo chicken dip, so why not combine the two?  Sooo, I went to work.  I poached my chicken and shredded it last night and put it in the fridge to chill so it wouldn't melt the cheese.  Today, I mixed everything else with the chicken and stuffed it in the peppers.  Score!!

This recipe makes a big batch of filling, so I saved back 1 1/2 jalapenos, finely diced them and added them to the filling.  I'll put that in a baking dish, top with a bit more extra sharp cheddar and blue cheeses and bake it until it's browned on top and bubbling and serve it with crackers for a late night snack.



Filling:

2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
2 8oz packaged cream cheese, softened
3oz blue cheese crumbles
1 1/2c shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
3/4c Frank's RedHot sauce
2 scallions, thinly sliced
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce

Mix everything together and set aside.  Halve your jalapenos lengthwise and take out the seeds and veins to reduce the heat.  WEAR GLOVES!  Yeah, that's SUPER important.  If not, you'll hate yourself later.  Trust me, but don't ask how I know!

Fill your jalapeno halves with the filling.  I find that it's easiest to use a spoon, and I cup the jalapeno in my palm and flip the spoon of filling upside down and sort of smoosh it down so it's packed in there.  You want it mounded, but not so full that it runs everywhere when the cheese starts melting.  Bake on a foil lined cookie sheet at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes, or until the tops start to brown slightly and the cheese is bubbling. 

Allow to cool and devour.

I hope you try this, because it's awesome, even the non-hot-stuff eating people in our house loved these.

No comments:

Post a Comment