Friday, April 04, 2008

Updation...

Thought I'd post a quick update since I've been asked to. I feel like I lead the most boring of lives, and don't have a lot to talk about, so I don't post as often as I should.

There's nothing exciting going on, except for having a few 4 day weekends. Yay me! Hannah's with me 4 days a week, around the clock, then goes home for 4 days. Her mom had surgery, so it's the easiest schedule for both of us right now.

We bought an external hard drive and spent three days uploading all my cd's onto it. It's so nice to have all my music be portable! However, the sound card in my laptop seems to be wavering on the brink of going out. Which bites. It's all good, though.

I've found that I really like Edith Piaf's music. She's got a hauntingly beautiful voice that is just awesome. It's fun to find that my tastes are ever evolving. Keeps life sweet. Thanks to Beth for introducing me to her!

Hannah's writing now. She wrote down our grocery list on the blackboard the other day. She's such a good little helper. She can also read, as long as she doesn't realize that she's reading! We're hoping to get the Abeka curriculum in the next couple of months so she can start school for real. I've been working with her, but her thirst for knowledge is immense, which is a good thing. It's so cool to see her learning all these new things!

She plays on "NoodleNet" a lot and it's really helped her learn more quickly. It's a safe browser for little ones and there's all sorts of educational goodies on there.

We're looking forward to the return of spring so we can get some plants into our planters. The parsley, thyme, oregano and spearmint are all coming along well, but we're hoping to get some chives, basil and at least one grape tomato plant in for those wonderful summer salads. Yummy!

So that's all that's really happening around here. Now I'm ready for a cup of coffee.

BTW, for those of you in the H'ville area, there's a coffee shop on S. Parkway, right beside Donato's called "Angel's Island". She makes the BEST chocolate covered cherry mocha. And you can get it fat free! She's the sweetest person and has a return customer rewards card, too. Much better than the "well known" coffee house, and less expensive as well! Thanks to Poppi for letting us know about her shop!

1 comment:

  1. yay!!! You updated!! Busy, busy,busy! Join the club :)

    ReplyDelete