Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Perks & Marching Bands

There's a lot to be said for living really close to a university campus. There's a Starbucks on the corner, literally 2 minutes from the house. There are fireworks shows from time to time, and we can stand at our front door and watch the show. And this week, since it's turned a bit cooler, I can sit in the comfort of my home, have my windows open and enjoy the sounds of the Alabama A&M marching band practicing in the stadium that's just across the highway. How cool is that??

I've always loved parades and watching football games because of the bands. For some reason, the sound of a marching band makes me happy. So it's doubly delightful to be able to hear the band almost every evening. I'm thankful to live in a relatively quiet neighborhood so that I CAN enjoy the sounds of my environment.

Yes, there are drawbacks, such as needing to find an alternate route out of our subdivision when there's a ballgame, and having cars parked all up and down the streets during a game, but hey, I'll take it! All the perks make it A-OK with me.

*Smiles*

No comments:

Post a Comment