Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Something different

It seems like we always eat the same old type of foods, so today I tried something different. I made a riff on Guy Fieri's Stuffed Chicken with sun dried tomatoes and feta.

I used whole wheat couscous, sun dried tomatoes in oil, roasted garlic, chicken broth and shredded chicken. I put 1 Tbsp of oil from the tomatoes into a 5qt pot, then added my garlic once it was hot. I then added my tomatoes (chopped) and let them saute for about 30 seconds. Then I added 2 cups chicken broth and brought it to a boil. I then added salt to taste, dumped in my couscous, stirred it up, dumped my chicken on top, put the lid on the pot and removed it from the heat. All I had to do then was let it sit for 5 minutes. When the 5 minutes was up, I fluffed it up with a fork, mixing in the chicken, and added 8oz of crumbled feta cheese and mixed it in. I served it with frozen mixed veggies, nuked in a steamer for 7 minutes, then mixed in 1 Tbsp of butter. The whole meal was complete in less than 10 minutes, and it was SO good.

Peter and Hannah snarfed it up and I've got just enough left for my dinner tomorrow night. It's a definate do-over. We mixed our veggies in with the couscous, and that was even better.

If you've never tried couscous, it's simply a VERY tiny pasta that resembles a grain. It's super yummy and if you go to FoodTv, you can get all sorts of both savory and sweet recipes. It's going to be a staple in our pantry from now on.

*smiles*

No comments:

Post a Comment