Sunday, August 19, 2007

Duh moment!

I've been sadly MIA lately, not only here, but in my real life. My desk is piled with unread mail, my stuff from the crop last weekend is piled up, I've got errands that need to be done and they're still waiting. We've been eating sandwiches because I'm not alert enough to cook. It makes me sad, but hopefully things will look up really soon. Of course, it doesn't help that the weather is so stinkin' hot that I can't function, either.

I started 3 new medications and I have been sleeping way more than normal. The other day I went here and looked up the side effects of each med. Well, turns out that a potential side effect of all three was drowsiness, sleepiness, or fatigue. Wow, that explains it, right? I get up each morning, eat a little something so my stomach isn't empty and take the meds, then go right back to bed as soon as I get the girls. This is not optimal, folks!

Last night, I had the "Duh moment". Since the meds make me so tired when I take them in the morning, why not wait until bedtime so I can get a quality night's rest instead of lying awake until 1 or 2am?? DUHHHHHHH! So this morning, I didn't take my meds, and will take them tonight. Hopefully that will help me be more alert during the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment