Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Cherries & Cream Dump Cake


The past couple of days, I've been trying to recover from my cooking marathon on the weekend, since we had great friends come over to spend Easter with us.  I overdid things, but it was worth it.  But during my downtime, I browsed Pinterest quite a bit. 

I saw a pin for a peaches and cream dump cake in a slow cooker.  The concept sounded great, but I didn't have peach pie filling on hand, and I didn't want to dig out my slow cooker and lose what little counter space I have available for the afternoon.  So I went back to my old faithful dump cake recipe that I've used for years and modified it to come up with this addictive dish.

It comes together quickly, takes less than an hour to bake, and is simply irresistible.  I took two bites out of the corner, you know, for quality control, and to make sure it was fit for my family and friends (and because it smelled so GOOD)!  I ended up having to cover it up with the lid and forcing myself to walk away.

Make this, and your family will thank you, even if your waist and thighs do not.  It's just THAT good. 


Cherries & Cream Dump Cake


1 box white cake mix
1 21oz can cherry pie filling
1 20 oz can crushed pineapple
8 oz cream cheese
1 stick butter

Preheat oven to 350, and spray a 9"x13" baking dish.  Pour pie filling in the bottom, and top with undrained pineapple and spread out evenly.  Cut cream cheese into cubes and place evenly over the top of the fruit.  Mix butter into cake mix in a food processor until you have crumbs, and spread that over the cream cheese.  Bake uncovered for 45 to 50 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.



2 comments:

  1. Sounds delish - I think I will make one for our next crop :) But I will put the cream cheese in with the cake mix & butter and give it a whirl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds amazing! I didn't think of that!

      Delete