Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Eliminating the CHAOS!

The past couple of weeks have been a busy time for all of us. Beth had a b'day on July 5, Jonathan had a b'day on the 9th, mine was on the 14th, and William's was yesterday. So we've been doing dinners, getting together with family and in general, just having a great time.

Peter has also installed 8' shelving in the small alcove in our living room, and we've moved all our books from several bookcases in the house to the new shelves. Then we've been rearranging furniture, downsizing and purging in general. I am determined to be able to get my house looking like it used to before my back/hip problems rendered me unable to do much of anything. I'm looking forward to being able to have visitors drop by unannounced without sending me into a panic! It will get there, it's just going to take time.

We found the local recycling place and dropped off a bunch of glass this morning, since they won't pick it up when we put it into the bins. For those of you who are local, the place is off Triana, behind the animal shelter, all the way at the end of the road. There's a lot of dumpsters out there for various things. You can drop off cardboard, paper, cans, plastic, and brown, green and clear glass. You can just pull up, open your trunk and put it right in the dumpsters. They're available 24 hours a day, and each dumpster is marked well for the contents. We're really trying to up our "green" lifestyle around here. Anything we can do to make the world a little bit better to live in is a good thing!! :)

Peter and I went to Poppi & The Queen's house this morning, just planning to p/u a piece of furniture and ended up having a fantabulous meal and a great time with them. We finally left around 1:30 or so, since Peter and Poppi both had to be on their jobs @ 3pm. When we stopped at the foot of the mountain to fuel up the van, the wind kicked in high gear. Thanks to the wonder of the internet, I was able to pull up a live radar on my cell phone and saw that it was gonna get pretty ukky really soon. We only made it maybe a mile or so down the road when the sky started weeping great big drops. We made it home right before it really broke loose, which I was super grateful for! Oh, and Poppi & The Queen - that squash is on my stove, just begging me to cook it it!! You guys grow 'em BIG on the mountain!!

Mom was here when we got home and she and I spent a nice hour doing "crafty" stuff and then she left for home. Then I sat in my chair and went right off to sleep! After Peter got home tonight, we continued our purge. I've got emails out to several people to please come p/u stuff I've had for them for quite some time, as well as emails out to the local trader & recycle groups to offer items we simply don't need/love any longer. Hopefully the "purge" pile by our front door will dwindle VERY soon! I want my space back! :)

I also got a couple of calls this evening, and I ask those of you who can, to please pray that if it's meant to be, things will work out. Is that completely vague enough??

Anywho, since Poppi said I needed to update, I have. Now, seeing as how HIS last update was on June 9th, let's all ask him to update! Maybe if enough of us ask him super nicely, he'll let us in on what's happening! LOL

*Smiles*

No comments:

Post a Comment